Saturday, March 5, 2016

Back on Track - 5 Miles Down!

I completed my first big chunk of walking today!  After putting things on hold while I figured out what was going on with my foot, I am now back on schedule.  I picked up my custom inserts yesterday and decided to try to go five miles today.  It took me about two hours at about 19 minutes per mile and I went a little over 5.5 miles.  The good news is that I probably could have gone further, but I didn't want to push it my first time out.

The 60 mile walk is over the course of 3 days so I will eventually get up to 20 miles a day.  I have written out a timeline for the next eight months to get up to that.  The first mile went by quickly but the second mile and half of the 3rd were when I lost a little steam.  Once I pushed through that, the rest of it was fine.  I think part of what I will learn is how to push through those low energy moments.  I would be walking along and then be like 'oh I'm tired, maybe I should take the four mile route instead.'  So much of this is mental and being able to push past that and to not listen to that voice.

Now that I am back on track with the physical parts, I need to turn my attention to the fundraising part.  This is a slightly daunting challenge because it requires the support of other people.  I am working on designing an incentive part to it where, like Kickstarter, people get different things for donating certain amounts.  I have a few ideas of stuff I can put together.   Chris is going to donate CDs of his music and I am looking into some sewing projects.   Most people I know do not live near me, so it all has to be stuff I can ship.  If you can donate, it really does go to a good cause.  Susan G. Koman does amazing work to find a cure for breast cancer. I also am personally grateful for your support!


CLICK HERE TO DONATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment